Heritage Will Writing Secondary Header

Long Term Care – Frequently Asked Questions

Long Term Care - The Challenge

The good news is, we’re all living longer. The not so good news is that, according to Age UK, the gap between average Life Expectancy and Disabled Free Life Expectancy (DFLE) is growing faster than ever before.

This means that more of us are spending more time in later life with multiple long-term conditions, frailty, dementia and social care needs.

Add to this the fact that the fastest growing age bracket is the 85+ age group (grew 31.3% between 2005/06 and 2015/16), followed closely by the 65+ age group (grew by almost 21%). These age groups are predicted to grow at a frightening pace over the next two decades (113.9% and 48.9%, respectively).

Whilst in real terms, the government are spending more money on Long Term Care – and are committed to continue increasing that budget, it’s unlikely to keep pace with the frightening rate at which the demand for Long Term Care is set to grow.

And that has implications for all of us.

Given these facts, we’re impressing upon our clients the need to plan for the eventuality that they may well end up needing some form of Long Term Care.

Understanding Long Term Care and the Associated Funding

Given that we're all living longer and that we're more likely to experience health issues, as a result of that, a growing proportion of the population will require long term care of some kind. What's more, if you've achieved any level of financial success in your life, you're going to have to contribute.

This section will help you understand the impact of that.

FAQ's Menu

Please Note

The information provided here is intended to address the types of questions that people are often concerned about.

To see an outline of what we do and how we deliver services for our clients, please visit the Our Services page. You will find information on the key aspects of creating your will including:

Personal Reviews, Will Writing, Estate Planning & Tax Management, Lasting Power of Attorney, Discretionary Trusts, Special Provisions & Assurance (disabled beneficiaries), Severance of Tenancy, Secure Document Storage.

If you have a specific question, want more detailed information or want your will professionally prepared, then please just get in touch.

02380 879243